Sunday, September 30, 2007

Away from Runway: 1 Year in Retrospect

300906. I packed up and left the attic with the help of friends. Changing paths is not easy though not a big deal and it's necessary. I'm glad I have the lucidity of mind to do it then despite I'm still not getting anywhere one year on.

Life over the last year is at best enlightening but ironically entrapping. The long vacation gave me enough time and space to think through what I need to do next to reach where I want to be later. It's great to have dreams; not very nice when the mysterious hands at work are not cooperating. I've to admit I'm running out of patience, sinking into angst and possibly disillusion. Ok, maybe not this bad since knowing myself, it only takes one big positive thing to send me to cloud nine again.

While this cycle of ups and downs is expected to last a lifetime for hot-blooded folks like me, I couldn't verbalise my thoughts better than Mayday's "我". One of my favourites among my many other favourite Mayday numbers that I cried listening to it sometimes. I'm such a sap.

And how could I end this entry without well-wishes on such a significant day? May the folks at home and friends around me be safe and healthy always - your well-being really means a lot to me. May I realise what I want to do, step-by-step and not missing one. May the career option I so desire happen very soon.

我 / 词+曲:阿信



还记得 小时候 作文簿上的志愿
那天真 的幻想 如今都到哪裡躲藏?
走出网咖凌晨的三点鐘 飆过天堂世纪帝国直达战慄时空
看不见的世界裡 我是英雄 
然后回到没有目标的活著 在现实中
oh my god, oh my god who am I ? 我的外号是 嘴上乔丹
oh my god, oh my god who am I ? 座右铭是 我混故我在
也曾开心的耶耶耶 也有失落的我我我
蝴蝶飞出了潜水鐘 我却还在原地停留
留不住时间耶耶耶 总是后悔的我我我
我不要一生就这样 到最后一生就这样 这样的我
这样的 勇敢的我 单纯的我 复杂的我 冷的我 热的我
无聊的我 懒惰的我 总是怀疑的我
讲了不听 听了不做 做又做不好的我
买一个梦 五十块钱的梦 期待五百万分之一的奇蹟降落
从此以后 想要什麼 喜欢什麼 就有什麼
但是我的人生还可以 努力 追求 什麼
Have you ever wanna be a spaceman?
Have you ever wanna be a president?
Or you're still a daydreaming maker?
Have you ever wanna be wanna be wanna be wanna be

*For an excellent English translation of this song, click here. I like the lyrics for the cultural references.

No comments: