Sunday, February 25, 2007

Babe(s) in Jakarta

Greetings!!!


It's been some time since I post a "decent" entry on this blog. Anyway, hope you like my new self-portrait - taken outside my cousie's house in Jakarta. Ok... I know... I know... I'm such a cam-whore :p

Jakarta's more or less the same after 5 years. My trip there wasn't too affected by the flood but I've heard stories of distant relatives whose houses were plundered of all furniture and many things precious by the sweeps of waves. The tradition of 送旧迎新 couldn't have been more painfully embraced than this Chinese New Year...

I wonder how the locals survive. The average guy earns about S$200 per month and the cost of living isn't exactly low. One fish soup meal (1 bowl of soup + 1 bowl of rice) can cost $5 per person; a pair of shoes ala Charles & Keith standard costs an average of $35!





My uncle, aunty + cousies stay in the suburban Serpong/Tangerang area which is less affected by natural calamities. The sleepy town could bore me to tears if not for my cutie 表-niece, the occasional shopping at the uninteresting malls, the sub-standard food that's supposed to be great by the locals' definition and the old folks who have really aged over the last 5 years.

I ended up not buying anything much except for discounted pieces of sewn cloth to cover my twin peaks. With so much left-over rupiah, I ended up buying my Indo folks a meal at Coca and it costs me only $50 for 7 of us!


I'm this bored.


The houses at Alam Sutera, Serpong






Old babe + cutie babe 表-niece Ling: she's got really beautiful eyelashes and very pinchable cheeks just like a walking doll!


Cutie 表-niece with one of her many boyfriends Ben








Can't get enough of my cutie 表-niece! She's very sensitive to the camera and is ever-ready to pose. I so love kids :D

The locals of middle-class and above fuss damn a lot over their lil' ones. For those families who can afford, there'll be one baby-sitter (donning nurse uniform) to every kid. I hope my 表-niece grow up to be an independent, lovable gal, not bratty and pampered. She's very clever for her age with lotsa potential if groomed rightly.

And here's a photo of my closest uncle, aunty and their family. Ling is the result of my cousie Mega + her hubby's (on extreme left) union. I've a feeling my offsprings' gonna be good-lookers too, given my cutie pie looks. Besides, according to my hunch, my husband's gonna be cute too!!! :D



Another off-the-plane-window shot added to my collection:



Check out what lulls me to sleep every nite in Jakarta:

Never like this song as much as I like it recently.

Till the next trip.

No comments: