Thursday, November 30, 2006

Marry me under the starry skies

Following our recent discussions on wedding receptions (and after attending yet another boring wedding dinner), I set out to name you my very own preferred venues for wedding receptions, right here in Sing-a-pore! My dearest sistas, in case my future husband-to-be ever secretly consults you for suggestions, please refer him here. Thanks.

(1) Greens in the gardens
If you love the lush soft grass and the rustle of the leaves when the breeze blows by, consider these:


a) Botanic Gardens - just be careful not to scare Vanda Miss Joaquim with the crowd


b) Fort Canning - throw in a spooky ghost tales trail for your guests. Woohoo! Alternative! I like!


c) Shangri-la Hotel's garden - I heard it's nice, haven't been there though.

d) Your house garden - why not, if you stay in a big big landed property?

The cons: watch out for the occasional mozzies, factor in bad weather contingency + be prepared for budget bust though I'm not too concerned over this. My husband and I gonna be rich :p

(2) A dash of architectural elegance
If indoors still sound best and you don't wish for the same old hotel or restaurant options, how about:


a) Singapore Arts Museum - free entrance for your guests to see the galleries too. Oooh, how cultured!


b) Giraffe @ Istana Park - I'm afraid you won't be greeted by the president, tho it says the "Istana Park".


c) Asian Civilisations Museum - infuse the peranakan style to your wedding and tie your knots with your better half as bibik and baba.


d) Red Dot Design Museum - An all-red building facade for a red letter day. How appropriate!


e) National Museum of Singapore - I think you can even request for the screening of "The Singapore Story" and feel truly patriotic at your wedding.


g) The Fullerton Waterboat House - great place for the sea-sick; get on the boat without getting rocked off.


h) Chijmes - what better place to sound the wedding chimes than at chijmes?

The cons: limited capacity not ideal for those with lots of guests.

Oh goodness, as I write on, I realise there are really a lot more alternative locations. Engage me as your wedding planner! I've got loads of ideas up my head. ;)

For those who are regrettably to be left on the shelves, don't despair! You've got friends who can go those places with you! And for those without friends...aren't you one sorry ass?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

~minty: you dont think you are planning toooo way ahead, are you?

pi said...

i dun think it's way too ahead. i can sense it happening SOON....hahahahah

blueskygreenpastures said...

...like u thot u were going to get married at 24... Your optimism is commendable!